Health

Saturday, July 17, 2021

First Weight In [Insert terrifying music]






No lie, it has been just about a little over a year since I stepped on a scale. I have been avoiding it and honestly was afraid of what it would say. 

My scale likes  to mock me with its big red numbers that beep with laughter once a number pops up. I hate it.  HATE IT!

I know that part of my self love quest is to feel comfortable in my own skin. Honestly, right now I don't feel AT ALL comfortable with my body. My back hurts, my legs get sore after being on them too long, my pants feel like they will burst with one good sneeze and I just altogether feel awful. 

Lets back this up a bit - This whole quest started yesterday when I found that both my feet were swollen. I asked someone I am close to what that would mean and they point blank said "It's hot outside, you don't drink enough and your overweight."



Excuse me!?!


I just expected them to tell me that my shoes were not the right size or that I had some kind of foot disease. Not that I was overweight. Yikes, that one hurt and I know they didn't mean it to hurt me. But it did and I had a good 10 minute pity party about it where I cried through half a box of tissues. 

This was was the kick in the butt that I needed to get me going. I signed up or Sparkpeople.com and vowed to make a change.  Now fast forward to today and I am faced with having to step on this torture device to get a good idea of my weight. 

Beep. Beep. BEEEPPPPP --235lbs 

So overall not the worst (I thought I was 250lbs) and is manageable. It is the heaviest I have ever been and the sting of seeing that number is done and over with. On my 5'3 frame, this weight is not good. I can be faced with diabetes, high cholesterol and heart issues -all which my Mom suffered from.  


So I set up my diet profile and   I plan to do the following to get me jump started: 

1)  Take in 1350-1450 calories a day. Sparkpeople wanted me to take in 1250 but that seems a bit too low. 

2)  Do 10 minutes of exercise a day

3)  Log in everything I eat.

4) Journal my highs and lows during the process

5) Cut out sweets, chips and other junk food ::cries while holding a box of ding-dongs::

6 Drink water daily - like a lot of water. 

7) Cut out diet sodas. I heard they make you crave sweets, not sure if it is true but I don't want to risk it. 

8) Make healthier choices for meals

9) Eat at least 2 servings of fruit/veggies a day

10) Forgive myself when I make a mistake!   



 Lets do this! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Weigh in Day - Another 2lbs!

 I  am down to 226.8!!  Woot Woot!  Since starting this journey - I have lost 8.2Lbs! I am pretty happy about that. Still the heaviest I hav...